Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

10 December 2015

Day 9

Encouragement. A word filled with possibilities, hope, future. The things we long to give our children. Things we long for ourselves. Maybe every gift this Christmas doesn't have to come from Amazon!

The journal continues...


"Let each esteem other better than themselves." Philippians 2:3b
I often act as if I am better than my children - I am the parent, but their concerns and feelings are just as important as my own, especially to God. 

My Dare:
To not say (or do) anything destructive to my children - whether it would discourage or provoke to anger - but rather ENCOURAGE them. (The same way I long to be accepted, appreciated and complimented).

Have you ever felt desperate...defeated...discouraged? Join me tomorrow as we find where to turn in our journey when we come to that place of hopelessness. "Hope deferred [i.e. expectations that are delayed - 'I thought I would be stronger as a mom;' 'I thought today would be different;' 'I thought things were changing'] makes the heart sick" (Proverbs 13:12). There is a place of healing, of inner strength - we can fall to our knees and stay there awhile...   


No comments:

Post a Comment