Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

03 December 2015

Day 3

There is no power on the mountain this morning. So, I bring you "Light" by candlelight. As I sit in my dark, cold house; I imagine the apostle Paul in his dark, cold prison cell...which is where we begin today.

The journal continues...

Another lingering headache, wet beds, black ink on the white carpet...joy is not abounding! I am studying Philippians right now. I am in chapter one, where Paul maintains his joy, in spite of his terrible circumstances, through a single mind - a mind set on living for Christ and the Gospel.
"For to me to live is Christ." -- Philippians 1:21
I am often a slave to my circumstances. But, if my concern were for my children to see Christ and to know the love of the Gospel - no amount of laundry, dirty carpet, fleeting hours with minimal accomplishments, even meager finances with company coming and birthdays and other needs approaching, should be able to steal my joy.
Joy is necessary to show my kids Jesus, thus joy MUST prevail over all these circumstances.

My Dare
Along with maintaining a genuine smile on my face, I will seek to have a "single mind" by refusing to say anything negative during overwhelming circumstances, and instead replace those negative words with words of praise to God. (And when reflecting on my day with Steve - to share God's praises, instead of my complaints).

Join me again tomorrow as we roll up our sleeves and get to work! Sound daunting? What if I were to tell you that this work will make your family rich?





3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart, Jolene! You are verbalizing what I feel in my heart & what every godly mom of littles I know has struggled with.....finding (consistent) joy in the mundane, frustrating, & overwhelming. Your words are challenging & healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm joining this journey. I want my kids to see Christ through and in me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your comments! I'm excited to have you join in the journey!

    ReplyDelete