Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

14 December 2015

Day 12

Dark and rain outside this morning.
Light and hope in the gospel. 

The journal continues...


Stress is a killer of joy (and peace). And, stress seems to always come when our outlook or view of life is small. We narrow our focus to see only our little lives. 
Last night at church, I saw the new Frontline Missions movie to China. Those movies always help me to see a larger picture of life and a much simpler focus - the gospel. The gospel drove the woman to open Christian bookstores, help autistic children, hire a blind girl who would have no chance at life. She believed in the power of the gospel. "Someone who is drowning can't wait for an expert to build them a boat."
I want to be driven by the gospel - not by my own selfish, vain pursuits. Driven to do great things in the lives of my children for the purpose of the gospel filling and fulfilling their lives.

My Dare: 
To see my children as souls today. Souls in need of God's transforming grace.
Paul set aside himself and his freedom to look back at the Philippian jailer and show him the love of the gospel. How much more should I be able to set aside my agenda and what's driving me to be driven to bring the gospel to my children.
Jesus is their lifeboat. Help me, Lord, not just to throw out instructions to them, but to take their little hands and guide them safely to the boat - to You.

The training of our children can often leave us exhausted and them exasperated. Join me tomorrow as we learn a balance that will allow Christ's light to dawn in our homes.
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment