Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

09 December 2015

Day 8

I spend my days doing...well, sometimes I wonder what I spent my day doing...all I did was change diapers (hopefully! - my fourth child often has to remind me by bringing the wipes and powder to me), pick up the mess on the floor (at least I thought I did, but there it is again!), make meals, run a couple loads of laundry, sweep, wash dishes, progress the kids through their school work, settle disputes, kiss boo-boos, the list goes on, and I'm sure you can fill in your own blanks. 

I am an accomplisher - I feel good if I check all the items off my list for the day. My husband calls it my "100% work bench." The problem is, none of the above were on my list! Nothing "important" got done! All I did was serve! Wait a minute...isn't that the same word Paul used to describe what Christ did?! Here in Philippians 2 we are brought face-to-face with the miracle and wonder of the incarnation. The Son of God in all His deity, humbled himself and took the form of a servant.

The journal continues...


As I humble myself to serve my family without complaint, I am not choosing the lesser role, but rather the role my Lord chose (Philippians 2:7).

My Dare:
Today, I will serve my family with gladness, considering it an honor to follow in His steps. 

There is more to serving our children than just meeting their physical needs. Join me tomorrow for our next dare, as we learn to attend to their spirits.



No comments:

Post a Comment