Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

05 December 2015

Day 5

Let us pause here today in our journey and grab some water. This dare is hard to find time for, but in it God offers you refreshment, healing and strength for the tasks ahead in our busy, challenging lives.

The journal continues...


Okay, so this is a battleground and I am not coming prepared to fight. I start the day already defeated with a defensive mindset. I am on offense because God is the one leading me and giving me the "mission" for the day. 
Rather than being afraid to face my day, I must start the day with courage and strong faith. Joshua, Gideon, and other victorious men in battle did not need a vast or strong army - only faith in God and obedience to His leading. I may feel weak and inadequate - and even a little late in training my children - but my God is powerful and able to do anything!

My Dare:
To rise early each morning (before my children) and prepare for the day - prepare for "battle" - by seeking God; listening to what He is teaching me through His Word and humbly submitting to His purpose for the day in prayer. 
"This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed [do not give in to circumstances!]: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." 
--Joshua 1:8-9

[Confession: it is very difficult to rise before my enthusiastic, life-motivated children who like to shine before the sun. So, we have set the rule in our household that they must play quietly in their rooms until seven. This gives my husband and I some undisturbed time to read our Bibles and pray.]

Tomorrow, I will be taking a break from writing. I will be enjoying God's special, loving gift of a day for rest. (This may give those of you who read this post a little late in the day, the chance to do this dare tomorrow morning). In the meantime, I encourage you to read the second chapter in Philippians and join back with me on Monday as we continue our search for joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment