Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

01 December 2015

Day 1


To refresh. To revive. That is my hope for you. 
And so, I give you "Day 1" directly from my journal:


MY THANKSGIVING DARE: 
Two months from today, it will be Thanksgiving - a time to remember the value of praise in our lives and the goodness of our God. I am putting a mark on that special day and giving myself a two-month challenge in an area I am craving victory... 
God has given me four beautiful, amazing children that will surely be top on my list of things I am thankful for that day. My love for them runs so deep, and yet I long to give them an even deeper love - a love that lays self aside and shows them the beauty of their God...the beauty of the glorious Gospel. 
I am ashamed that most of my days are filled with frustration, disappointment, discouragement, anger, yelling - such ugly, horrible words for a mom to fill her home with. These are the words I want to describe our home: sweetness, patience, kindness, mercy, tenderness, joy, laughing, lightheartedness, thankfulness, godliness, contentment...  
I want to fill our home with...  
s u n s h i n e ! 
I don't want my children to struggle to understand my love.  I want them to smile when they think on me, and when they are grown to remember two concrete things about me - "Mom loved God" and "Mom was happy." 
More importantly, I want them to see the love of Christ through me that they might know their God and know how to love their own spouses and children one day. 
For the glory of God, and through the inner workings of the Holy Spirit, I will be a light to my children -  
I DARE MYSELF!

So, Friend, make yourself a probably much needed cup of tea and join me tomorrow for the first dare! And, if you are feeling up to it, go ahead and dare yourself too! I make no promise of perfection - even today, I failed and questioned whether I should post this blog, but this blog is not "About Me." This blog is about my Savior and His glorious Gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment