Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

07 December 2015

Day 6

If only we could isolate ourselves from people...right? Then maybe we could better maintain our joy. But, as believers, we are the light of the world, made to shine amidst the conflict. This is Paul's challenge to the believers at Philippi in chapter 2. "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."

The remedy Paul gives is not to flee from the controversy or to challenge and fight for our rights. His answer is to submit. Sound unnatural? a bit crazy? He thought you might think as such. So he gives us Christ - our shining, gracious example. 

The journal continues...


"There can be no joy in the life of the Christian who puts himself above others."*
Lord, help me to know the true needs of my children today and to humbly serve them above my own needs. You are my great example (Philippians 2:1-11).

My Dare:
To stop what I am doing and really listen to my children today.

Join me tomorrow as we continue to lay aside ourselves and follow the path our Lord chose. It is here that we begin to shine!



* Warren Wiersbe Be Joyful 

No comments:

Post a Comment