Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

04 December 2015

Day 4

The best things in life are the things money cannot buy. Such as...a peaceful household! "Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife." (Proverbs 17:1) The family who is truly wealthy is the family at peace...with each other, with God. Christmas is quickly approaching and in the rush, in the hurry we might just miss the message the angels brought to the shepherds that first Christmas - "peace, good will toward men." All is quiet in the stable. God is here. So, when God makes a clear plan for the family in Scripture, complete with each person's right role - that children are to honor and obey and parents are to lead, to train, to nurture - I know He is fighting for our peace. 

The journal continues...
I have noticed much of my frustrations come from the lack of instant obedience by my children. So, my lack of beauty and sweetness as a mom is inflicted on me by my own lack of God-honoring, sound discipline. Instead, I find myself yelling, griping, accusing, threatening - due to my failure to work hard in training my children.

My Dare:
Along with a smile and spirit of praise, I will begin reading [--insert your favorite Bible-centered, child rearing book--] to encourage me back to sound discipline in our home.

Do you long to be a woman of great inner strength? Join me early tomorrow as we begin conditioning our faith.


2 comments:

  1. Good morning Jolene! I'm excited to join in! Any recommendations on child-rearing books? I've picked up a couple, but always open to suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mae! Thank you for joining in!

    I really enjoy the book, "Don't Make Me Count to Three" by Ginger Plowman, but at the time I did this dare I chose, "To Train Up a Child" by Michael and Debbie Pearl. "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Ted Tripp is another good one.

    ReplyDelete