Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

02 December 2015

Day 2

Good morning! Thanks for coming back. Remember, this is a journey. We are pacing ourselves here. Today, we are simply tying our shoe laces, making the deliberate decision to begin this trek toward joy.

The journal continues...


I don't feel I had much victory today. I wasn't depressing, but I wasn't jubilant either - a victim of my lingering headache, tiredness, monotonous work load, and fussy children. I know that true change will only come by Christ, so I must stay yielded to Him in prayer. I think my dare needs to be more specific and I need to take the first step and go "in the strength of the Lord." God can't help me run the race if I am lying down - I must get up and start running, all the while (throughout my day) looking to Jesus to do the real work (or I will fall on my face in self-effort). 
So specifically, let's begin with this:  

My Dare:
A smile on my face all day. 
Anytime I look at my children - smile. When I look at Steve - smile. When I'm cooking - smile. When I'm tired - smile. When the kids are being CRAZY - smile. Not a fakey I-have-to-do-this-smile, but a warm, genuine shining-through-the-eyes smile - because I am sooooo BLESSED! 

Join me tomorrow for our first lesson from the apostle Paul and our second dare. I encourage you to read the first chapter of Philippians before we meet again. Like water for the journey, the Bible is our fuel for any true change!


No comments:

Post a Comment