Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

08 December 2015

Day 7

This morning, with Christmas nearing, I am thinking of the warm heart of my God who gave His only Son for us. And, I echo His words from Romans 8: If You did not spare Your only Son, how will You not also freely give us all things you know we need? Paul continues His words to us in Philippians 2: If He humbled Himself and took the form of a servant, being made as a man - a helpless baby in a simple manger - will He not also come to where we are today and graciously work in us and cause us to grow? 

Christ came to serve, to give His life for others (Matthew 20:28). How can we follow the example of our perfect God when we ourselves are not perfect? The answer should draw us to the same conclusion our salvation did: we need more of Him today!   

The journal continues...
It is amazing to see how many things in a day threaten to steal my joy. I am so thankful to now be more aware of it so I can rise above it. Selfishness is at the root of a downcast spirit (along with ingratitude) - while there are still those many nagging factors too - tiredness, headaches, etc. 
The key, I see, is to stop thinking of myself and instead to think of others.

My Dare:
Today, I will serve my family with excellence. I may be a simple, stay-at-home, homeschool mom, but I will run my household with wisdom and confidence, allowing God to shine through me and lead me.  

As a mom, our job earns little to no recognition, no promotions or certificates, often not even a high five. Yet, we are in high demand! Join me tomorrow as Scripture reveals just how important our tiresome jobs are!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment