Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

28 January 2016

Day 43

The snow has melted. I am all out of earl grey. And, this is our final day together. I must confess, along with Elizabeth Bennet, that the view from where I sit today is rather grey. 

Nonetheless, I pour my pot of jade citrus mint, believing that with every ending there is occasion for a new beginning. Besides, it seems only fitting to be sipping a refreshing mint tea, when on our first day together I shared that my hope for you is to be refreshed! 

There are many things in life that encourage and lift us up for a short time, but nothing can refresh and renew us like God's Word. No more pretty Bibles. Let us fill our Bibles with notes all around the edges, ink smears, tear stains, tea stains, tattered edges, crinkled and worn pages. Unmistakable signs that you have been there and have been involved. Let us fill our houses with powerful Scripture verses. Let us have prayer rooms where the carpet is wearing thin. Let us step away from our callous generation and say with Paul, "For me to live is Christ!" And, let our fire light the next generation to do the same!

Friends, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all!


The journal concludes…

'But God forbid 
that I should glory, 
save in the cross 
of our Lord Jesus Christ.' 
(6:14) 
  
I write this verse in large letters, as I imagined Paul did on the original copy (6:11). Lest these self-seeking, self-righteous, finger-pointing believers at Galatia miss what they should be boasting in. Lest this self-seeking, easily distracted, busy mom miss what I should be glorying in. 
Thanksgiving day has arrived! And while this dare comes to an end, I must continue to sow…to sow to the Spirit—giving my time and energy not to satisfying my sinful desires, leading only to my own destruction, but to walking in the Spirit, leading to a harvest of life (6:8).

My Final Dare:
To rejoice in the cross—in Christ! I have found the joy I was looking for and it is seated at the table of thanksgiving, as I praise my Lord for His glorious gospel of grace! 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment