Philippians 1:11

"Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:11

22 January 2016

Day 39

There was a rare moment yesterday. The kids were quietly working on their school work, while Handel's Water Music beautifully filled the hush of the room. 

I breathed. 

Of course, it was only for a moment, but I savored it. Life is full of little snippets of wonder, glimpsing us of our good Father who is always present. 

As we enter chapter four of Galatians today, we learn that Christ has not only freed us from the law, but has also given us a new name—His very own. We are in His family now, heirs of His kingdom. 'Great is the mystery of redemption!'*

The journal continues…


And, if as a child of God, I am free from the burden of the law, I no longer HAVE to obey…out of fear. I now CHOOSE to obey…out of love.
'If you love me, keep my commandments.' John 14:15
The Spirit whispers in my heart, 'Abba, Father,' drawing me to God and all I have in Him as a daughter or heir [Galatians 4:6-7]. The Spirit is living within me. I am 'partaker of the divine nature' (2 Peter 1:4). I am free from the weight and burden of things I have to do or should do. 
This freedom is not my ticket to independence, however. With it comes great responsibility to love and serve others (Galatians 5:13)—to show others the same grace that has been freely bestowed on me.

My Dare:
To be motivated by my love for God and appreciation of all He has done for me as I love and serve my family. To not be driven by duty as a mom and, thus, wear myself thin. A heart motivated by love is always full of joy and energy! 

We are nearing the end of our time together and I do not want you to leave empty handed. So, I encourage you to read Galatians 5 over the weekend and to come with open hands on Monday, ready to receive the riches of your inheritance in Christ! 





 * The Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible, Thoughts for Personal/Family Worship: Galatians 4

No comments:

Post a Comment